7 Reasons to Choose a Vacation Rental over a Hotel
Whether you’re traveling with family or enjoying a romantic get-away, make the most of your vacation by choosing a vacation rental rather than a hotel. Today, more people are choosing vacation rentals over hotel accommodations, and we understand why. There are 7 great reasons why a vacation rental can be the perfect option for you.
- Lower Cost. The cost of a vacation rental can be as much as 15% to 50% lower than the cost of a hotel and a resort. Starting the vacation off by saving money by choosing a rental just makes sense. Also, vacation rentals allow you to make the most of these savings by inviting friends or extended family to join you, sharing the cost and keeping your trip affordable for everyone.
- Larger Accommodations. The average hotel room is 400 square feet but the average vacation rental is 2,000 square feet. This space difference makes a vacation rental the perfect choice for families traveling with children or pets. This option also means your entire group of family and friends can stay together in one place. After a long day of playing, sight-seeing or spending time on a beach, a vacation rental gives everyone room to spread out and relax rather than being crowded into a small, tight area or broken up into various rooms on different floors of a hotel.
- More Choices. With vacation rentals, you can customize your lodging to fit the exact needs of you and your family. For example, you can choose a beach house on Tybee Island or a home in historic Savannah. You might want a rental with a pool or within walking distance from a specific location. Whatever you are looking for, there is a good chance you’ll find the perfect rental property.
- Dine Your Way. If your family likes to sleep in, you don’t have to worry about missing the hotel breakfast that ends at 10:00 am. If your children are picky eaters or there is someone in your group with special dietary needs, you can manage these issues easily from your rental kitchen. Not only can you eat what you want, when you want, you will also save money. Yes, you should splurge on a great meal or two out at one of the amazing local restaurants, but you can also pack a lunch for the beach or pop back to your rental for a quick snack, which keeps your costs down.
- Travel with Kids. Traveling with children can be tough, even when it’s on a vacation you know they will love. Renting a vacation home can reduce this stress by having a back yard, extra bedrooms, and full-sized living room. You can up the kid-friendly factor by finding a rental near a playground or park.
- Travel with Pets. Many vacation rentals allow pets for an additional security deposit. Keep the pets safe, too by choosing one with a fenced back yard. You also might find a location near a dog park or in a neighborhood with a great doggy daycare center.
- Free Laundry. Many vacation rentals include full and free laundry facilities. This means you can pack fewer clothes, treat stains, and keep everyone looking their best without needing to find a laundromat. This saves you time and money, and allows you to manage this chore with ease.
Choosing a vacation rental for your Savannah or Tybee Island visit gives you the best of both worlds, exploring a new place from a house that feels like home. Whatever your needs, you will find a rental options that should meet your every expectation.